Cal Quinn shares his 10 favorite albums of 2018
Cal Quinn is a photographer and sound engineer who is loosely based somewhere between Dallas and Nashville and is on the road with The Texas Gentlemen, Margo Price and Devon Gilfillian. He pioneered mixing and shooting live shows simultaneously and his pictures are nothing but stunning. His Instagram feed is featuring the who is who of contemporary Country and Americana.
We met in Austin this year and he’s simply a great guy with a big heart and full of talent. He is creating an image for his artists, most notabely The Texas Gentlemen and makes sure they always look cool (see pictures and links below). His style is very unique and I developed an eye over the year to spot his art.
Cal Quinn shares his 10 favorite albums of 2018:
1) The Marias – Superclean Vol.2
2) Shakey Graves – Can’t Wake Up
3) Liza Anne – Fine But Dying
4) Caroline Rose – Loner
5) The Brummies – Eternal Reach
6) Leon Bridges – Good Thing
7) Dr. Dog – Critical Equation
8) Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats – Tearing at the Seams
9) The Nude Party – The Nude Party
10) American Aquarium – Things Change
+ Honorable Mentions:
Colyer – Beachwood Dr (EP)
Paul Cauthen – Have Mercy (EP)
Cal Quinn website: https://calquinn.co/
Cal Quinn instagram: https://www.instagram.com/calquinn/
All photos by Cal Quinn...